Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A good year to all of us! Mabuhay!

Most of Metro Manila welcomed the new year in darkness after lights went off minutes before midnight in several areas of the national capital.

There was supposed to be an emergency power interruption, a recorded message on Meralco's hotline said.

I went down the office minutes after the clock struck 12 to start my car and went around the vicinity of the office. The streets were deserted - Timog Avenue, Quezon Avenue, Scout Esguerra St., East Avenue, the Elliptical Circle.

The restaurants, beer gardens, karaoke bars, and the other establishments were closed. Smoke from firecrackers blanketed the city. I imagined people sitting around the table, sharing food and exchanging gifts and greetings.

I wish to thank all those who sent messages to greet a happy new year. Thank you. Thank you to all of you for the support, especially in our fight for press freedom in the country.

The year 2007 has been good to me. Please join me in praying for a good year this 2008. May our tribe increase! Mabuhay!

No comments: