Sunday, April 15, 2007

All eyes on Pacquiao

Pacquiao will win. Most Filipinos are betting on it. He will easily win against Solis in San Antonio, Texas. I doubt if he will have the same easy time against Ms Darlene Antonino in GenSan in the coming elections.

Problems will again be forgotten today. Filipinos will be glued on their television sets. They will watch the "people's champ" slug it out with the Mexican Solis. There will be no campaign sorties later today. Politicians too need to have a rest. And yes, a good time.

All roads in Metro Manila will lead to SM malls where a live telecast of the fight will be shown, at least for those who can afford to buy tickets. Others will have to wait for the delayed telecast over GMA 7. They can use the money for the ticket to buy lunch and merienda.

I will have my own thing to do later today. I have to forget my own daily fights in life. I need to monitor Pacquiao's fight. Win or lose, I have to work.

No comments: